This policy covers how APTRemit and its operator including Arcade Plaza Traders Pte Ltd treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of APTRemit products and services.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that APTRemit does not own or control, or to people that APTRemit does not employ or manage. Where you are undertaking a remittance transaction, all information which you provide will be shared with the respective licensed remittance operator (“LRO”) in the markets for which you are undertaking a transaction utilising the APTRemit platform.
1.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
a. ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
b. providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
c. carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and our Licensed Remittance Operators where you are carrying out a remittance transaction;
d. allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
e. designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
f. complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or our affiliates / LROs ;
g. legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
h. researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
1.2 We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
a. Data collected directly from you. This may be done through this Site, over the phone, by email, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The data collected may include, but is not limited to:
1. your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing and/or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and your telephone number.
2. other information required to be able to process your order or to provide you with the service, such as information of banking details;
3. if you have created an online profile or account, the preferences and interests stored in such profile or account (please see below for further information concerning the profiles); and
4. if you have contacted us, the details of this contact and the contact history.
b.Data collected by automated means. Various technologies may be used on our website and our mobile and web-based applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user's personal data. Examples of such data include:
1. A visit to our Site results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us.This data can include, in particular, the following:
- the visitor's IP address
- the date and time of the visit
- the pages visited on our website
- information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc).
3. Web analytics. Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behaviour of visitors to websites and (mobile) applications. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website or (mobile) application, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. For these purposes, we primarily make use Web analytics . This means that when you visit our website or use any mobile or web- based applications, a cookie will be stored on your computer or mobile device, except when your browser settings do not allow for such cookies.
2.1 We provide the information to our LROs who work with the APTRemit under confidentiality agreements. These companies shall use your personal information in order for the APTRemit to process any transactions which you undertake using the APTRemit platform.
2.2 We will safely keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide relevant information to:
1. personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
2. our affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
3. persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
4. persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore;
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the APTRemit services, such as service announcements, administrative messages that are considered part of your APTRemit account.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
No electronic data interchange can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, when entering any data information , the industry standard SSL (Secured Socket Layer) 256-bit encryption will be applied.
7.1 By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
7.2 Individuals have the right:
a. to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
b. to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
c. to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us;
d. Please send requests for any objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to help@ APTRemit.co
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via the “Contact Us” link.